Suburban Windy City USBC Newsletter

From: "Suburban Windy City USBC Newsletter" <office@PROTECTED>
Date: August 14th 2019

Suburban Windy City USBC

In Memoriam
Wood Dale Bowl will be hosting a memorial service for one of our senior bowlers, George Mahoney.
The service will be on Saturday August 25th from 3PM til 5PM
George bowled at Wood Dale Bowl many years and will surely be missed.

It's Here!!

That's right bowlers, the new 2019-2020 season is (almost) here. It's time to start getting ready.
And for all you officers out there, either returning or newly elected, you should read what your duties are starting on page 29 in the rule book. Rule 102 explains what you should know and regular bowlers might want to read that too so you know if your officers are doing their jobs.
USBC has a good video on the subject at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNxE_Fakuzw&feature=youtu.be&utm_campaign=Rules%2FCompliance&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=74471350&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--zCBfSYAAJtvvNX8z_0xWHhJEdF9bre-qA2qDt9M0XV3Z5RzkettUPorEoGF10jB6Moz5gXTtk3aXUj-ABpUUUmAu2Yw&_hsmi=74471350

There is also some valuable information in the Myth Buster pages at USBC: http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn.net/usbcongress/bowl/rules/pdfs/Mythbusters.pdf

A new bowling ball rule goes into affect this year. Rule 18 on page 18 of the rule book explains the dry towel rule in detail. Make sure to check it out.

The rule 2019-2020 Rule Book can be found on our web site www.swcbowl.com on the USBC Info page.

Senior Bowlers
The Suburban Windy City USBC has a senior travel league bowling on Monday mornings starting at 11:00AM., traveling to seven (7) different bowling centers.  The West Suburban Senior Men’s Travel League (W.S.S.M.T.L.) was established to provide and perpetuate a bowling competition in which social and community interest is served. The league provides a "scratch" bowling format to attract primarily average to above average senior male bowlers, fifty (50) years of age and older. If you are interested in joining a Senior Travel League, please contact our President, Jack Providence, at  jack.providence@PROTECTED.

Nine-No-Tap
We are going to have another great fundraiser for the Mid-west Shelter for Homeless Veterans this year.
It is going to be at St Charles Bowl on October 5 and 6 at 1:00PM
It will again have all the excitement as last year with 300 pots and the Mulligans and Super Mulligans.
This year you will be bowling 3 games on one pair of lanes and the series is capped at 900.
So mark your calendars and tell your friends so you all don't miss out on this great event.
Entry form and rules can be found here.

Honor Scores
Tyler  Arredondo - 300 - Brunswick Zone Glendale Heights - 6/18/2019
Tyler  Arredondo - 856 - 279-300-277 - Brunswick Zone Glendale Heights - 6/18/2019
Quintin  Mayberry - 300 - Brunswick Zone Roselle - 4/10/2019
Donald Mielke - 300 - Wood Dale Bowl - 7/1/2019
Bob Rood - 300 - Brunswick Zone Roselle - 5/1/2019
Matthew Ryan - 300 - Brunswick Zone Roselle - 6/10/2019
Dominic Saccaro - 300 - Brunswick Zone Glendale Heights - 6/18/2019
Corben Sadowski - 300 - Brunswick Zone Roselle - 6/24/2019
Mike Scrivner - 300 - Brunswick Zone Roselle - 6/10/2019

Forward to a Friend

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

This mailing list will go out to our past and present members that we have on file to receive our newsletter.

Privacy Policy:

The information you submit will ONLY be used for our newsletter.